Labels

Monday, March 14, 2011

Quote

Today I came across this quote on my phone. Let me just mention it before I start to think about it. It goes like this:

Topic: Ability and Achievement.

"There are two kinds of people; those who are always well and those who are always sick. Most of the evils of the world come from the first sort and most of the achievements from the second."
- Louis Dudek.

The first time I read it, I was not sure that I had read it correctly, so I read it again. Then again. Then finally I realized, that this is what the author means to say. The people that are always well bring evil to this world. I used to think that it is the other way around. People who are well bring goodness to others. If I am happy, I shall try to make others happy too, but I guess the author feels otherwise.

I do not know what to make of this. However, if you try hard enough, you might realize that he is not entirely wrong. People who are sick try to find a way out of their sickness, and definitely do appreciate the smaller things in life. I mean if I do not have something, I shall definitely appreciate it more than a person who has it and has probably had it forever.

Like I said to a friend of mine recently, ' Vaccines and cures always come after the disease.' If I suffer from something, I shall definitely try to ensure that others do not have to go through what i have been though. I also strongly believe that this is not always the case. There are a lot of people who suffer and feel why is it only me suffering, and in this thought of mind, they take it upon themselves, to make sure others suffer as they are suffering.

Take for instance, there was a time when the world was just seeing the first face of  AIDS. There very several reported instances, of needles filled with infected blood being stuck in chairs of theaters just to infect others, bearing a note, welcome to the world of AIDS. How mean is that? and it did successfully cause a lot of panic.

I believe however, that this concentration of people is far lower that those who would try to help the world in their times of suffering rather than making it worse. So i believe that the author has a point.

But do people who are always well try to make other worse? If you are in the peak of health, would you not sympathize and try to help a person who is sick?

I would love to hear some reviews and thoughts of people about this quote. Looking forward to both sides, people who agree with the author and people who find it to be false.

Adios for now.

PS. There will soon be another post coming up on the blog. Its about a TV show called FRINGE. Something that I just started watching, and how I feel about it.

7 comments:

  1. Even I had to read it ten times for it to make a little sense to me. Though I might not describe it, since it somehow is similar to what you have said.

    And if not, it is complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you think this is a valid idea from the author?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May be for him. I still can't actually get the point. But will think about it surely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It surely is intriguing, is it not?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah don't know what made him say that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It entirely depends upon the intention of the person....as u have mentioned there are some ppl around us who never want others to be happy.They love troubling others.But on the other hand there are some people who love admiring others even if they dnt have anything in their life to admire....
    So,according to me...it depends upon the person and his intention!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ankita, i did not know you visited my blog. I am sorry to reply to comment so late.. But i sure am glad..;)

    Hope to see you around regularly...;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too