Labels

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saving Energy

Hey guys, 

As you might have noticed, I just changed the background of my blog. There are two reasons, behind this change. For the first reason, I will have to tell you some details.I  use a black google as my default search engine. The reason for doing this is that it is a well known fact that white illumination consumes much more energy that dark lights. So whenever I open my Chrome, i get a black background whenever I search for anything.

I know you skeptical people out there would say, "yeah? you use black google? BRAVO, you saved a watt of energy after running your computer for ten hours; big difference you made today, thanks for saving the earth!". Okay I admit, that was going too far. Also another thing that many of them would say is that I rather keep my computer off for an hour consciously everyday; that would save more energy in a day than me using black google for a month. I agree, all these people are most probably right. But here's my reasoning, I know that I will use my computer when i need to, and at that time even unknowingly if I use black google, that saves us some energy which I would forget to or not bother to save otherwise. So black google is a small initiative, and like every small initiative, would make a definitive and substantial difference in the world if adapted widely. It is very easy to use, I have attached the link for the website, just save it as your default search provider. For people who do not use chrome and are still stuck, or actually prefer Microsoft explorer, drop a comment and I shall send you a hyperlink which when used as your search provider with by default search your keywords in black google.

This is a very small step which definitely would make a difference if accepted widely. As the Hindi proverb goes, " Boond, Boond, se sagar banta hai", i.e. an ocean is made out of a large number of droplets.

So guys switch over to black google, your small step to save the earth from Global Warming.

Also, I completely forgot, I was telling you why I changed the color of my blog, one reason is to save energy, and the other is, 'I just wanted some change'. LOL.

Adieu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too