Labels

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Photograph


Everyone of us has some childhood fantasies, some dreams. I am not talking about what you wanted to become when you were adults, but what you wanted to do. For example, I wanted to study astrophysics; couldn’t happen.  I have accepted that. There are also other things that one wishes to do, for example, I wish to drag race; drive a race car on the slopes of a hill, see how it feels to be so close to death and yet survive, be so close the edge of physics, to decide when to pull the brakes and skid, and when to pump the gas.

There are a lot of things which one [every human] desires to do, and of them is to photograph nature (or something else- the point being, to photograph), I have had a passion to photograph since I was a kid, I always liked nature, the depth that it had, the detail and the beauty it possessed always fascinated me.  Now that I am more knowledgeable than before, I respect and admire nature for its perfection. I always took pictures of stuff around me to keep as mementos, but mainly to satisfy my inner urge to photograph.

The reason why I am writing this article is because I know someone who has not only been able to photograph, but also learn, advance and develop in that field. I am sure that all of my readers [however few that may be],  have at some point in their life have had a feeling and liking to photography. I write this article in the name of only one person, Nandini, who has set examples on how to photograph. She has not only taken and takes good pictures, but has studied and implements the techniques of photography. She has taken from silhouettes to landscapes, in perfection.

My inspiration of this post is her; her blog and gallery can be viewed at:


I hope you enjoy the link I have mentioned and frequent it for she posts much more frequently than I do, and every post has beauty to it. Recently I developed a liking to a song which has been stuck in my head for weeks now, and it is related to this topic; its called ‘Photograph’ by Nickelback, so I post its video link here:

With this I take you leave, if there are some great blogs out there which you know of, do share them with me in the comments for this post. Cheers!!


Tschüß...

6 comments:

  1. Hi.

    I'm grateful. Thanks for mentioning me in this great post of yours. Photography. I remember some of your photos which you had taken using your mobile camera. They were pretty good, I had told you that too. I think, on the bus we took from Delhi to CHD. It was a fun trip for me.

    I'm learning everyday, you know. My camera and surroundings surprise me and every time I get something new. I hope to get a DSLR soon so that I can explore more.

    I'm glad you like my photos, and then shared it here. It feels great. Thank you! Since, these days, I link photos to every post, I get feedback mostly from photographers on WP. So you can check their blogs, you would surely find them inspirational.

    And one more thing - I wish we could work on removing the distinction here : "what you wanted to become when you were adults, but what you wanted to do". I know what you have said, I understand, but still what we couldn't do is past, but we still can do a lot in our "interests". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    Here's an award for you. Keep up the great writing.

    http://nandinidhiman.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/receiving-the-blogging-awards-thank-you/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy for the award you nominated me for. It feels great that you consider me worthy of a nomination. Thank you.

    I would definitely being going through the blogs of other nominees that you have mentioned, and I am expecting them to be'Awesome'. I do not think that I am in a position to win this award as yet, but I am indeed grateful to you for the Nomination.

    I agree with your last paragraph and we are and will continue to work towards our interests. Thank you one again.:D:D

    This Christmas has brought me great happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is actually an award, Raman. In the WordPress World, nomination is an award, since there is no Judge to single out a blog. So cheers!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I thought there would be Judges... WOW. Thanks. So does that mean that I also can work on the rules for the Awards?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can. but that wouldn't be good right? That would change the whole point of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too