Labels

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ola


Hey guys, hope life is treating you in the best possible ways.

I just wanted to update you guys that i have just finished reading ‘Brida’ by Paulo Coelho. Another wonderful book by the literary magician. The book is about a young girl who in the search for the lost wisdom of magic and love turns out to be a witch. The book was great and i would love to paraphrase some of the parts and dialogues; which i will in a different post.

I have read several of Paulo’s books, but till date ‘The Alchemist’ and ‘Eleven Minutes’ remain my favourites. Recently i also had a chance to read his latest book ‘The winner stands alone’. It was good too, but for those of you who haven’t yet experienced his magic, i would suggest the alchemist. The Alchemist is for those who wish to look at life in a much deeper level, it would touch your heart and would make not one or two but several revelations, which would change the way you look at things. However if you wish to read something rather light, Eleven Minutes is the book for you.

Paulo Coelho’s first book was the pilgrimage, and that is the book i wish to read next. I want to see, when he began writing in 1987, what was his mindset then and whether it has evolved over the ages as he continues to fascinate the world with his ideologies and revelations. The book after that i plan, is ‘The manual of the warrior of Light’. The title is quite intriguing, i must say. Although all these plans of mine for this sequence of reading depend on if i find the books and the time.;)

Finally i got some time off today to write to my blog, or rather i should say, that i decided that come what may, i definitely have to write a post today. I think of new things to write to my blog every other day, but the ideas wither fade off my mind, or lie on a piece of paper in my jeans backpocket or somewhere. Very careless attitude, gotta write down to change this. LOL.

Anyways, take care and keep reading.

Salaam.

2 comments:

  1. I too found Brida different and good. Different because it talks about stuff which people normally don't apply to their lives but the values and feelings were no different although good. I read it a long time back in Fortis library, so can't read again until I buy one.

    Well I like his writings. So will keep on reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, or i can give you my copy when we meet. I do plan to put up some more passages from the book, so lets hope i do that before giving it to you.

    I have just purchased 'The Fountainhead' by Ayn Rand, so that is going to be my next book, and i am looking forward to reading 'Ulysses' by James Joyce soon. I have heard a lot about that book and can not wait to read it...

    Will be difficult to find an original version though, it has been re-written and revised several times...

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too