Labels

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just Thoughts


Hey folks, hello there...

I think about writing of various things that I encounter in life. There are so many moments in life when I’m there, I say, “That’s something I should mention in my blog”. Out of ten times, I write down one incident in a pad on my iPhone or on my Blackberry. Sometimes I even observe the happenings in more detail so that I have more facts to write about. But it so happens that slowly the list grows and the older of those incidents fade out of my memory, so when I sit down or open that list again later, I say, “Hey, I don’t even remember this completely, I am never going to be able to write about this, let’s just remove it from the list”. And there goes a nice incident which I thought was worth sharing.

As you all know, I have a liking to reading books. I read many types of books, I wouldn’t go to the limits of saying that I read ‘All sorts of books’, ‘cuz I don’t. Novels I like, my original genres were Sci-Fi and Philosophy. Lately, however, I have dared venture into other areas as well. I have, for the first time in my life, bought a drama or I don’t even know where it fits, type of a book, which I am sure most of you would have heard about called, ‘The Fountainhead’. I have started reading the same, and it is not like the books which I read usually which make a huge revelation after every couple of lines, but it’s one, which shows you new styles of writing and when there is a nice scene, you can only wonder of the writing skills of the writer and how she has used random and even contradictory terms together to make the sentences even more interesting, more strange, more out-of-the-blue.

You see there, I tried to imitate the writing style of Ayn Rand, not that I can or I am in any way comparable, but what’s there In trying? She often does this; end sentences in a way like I did, “more interesting, more strange, more out-of-the-blue”, you see, I used ‘Interesting’ and ‘Strange’, kinda makes you wanna wonder, how would it be exactly. In the first couple of hundred pages that I have managed to finish as yet, I found this style of writing very evident, very subtle, and very enticing. J

So, apart from wanting to share this specific, mystifying and enthralling writing style of Any Rand- OK I know I am over doing it, but it’s fun ;), I had a couple of more things I wanted to put of on my blog.

Firstly, I have been watching that lately, the history and hidden truths about Sonia/ Rahul Gandhi have been a common shared thing on Facebook. Suddenly, all the youth have started hating Rahul Gandhi, which Is apparently supposed to be the youth icon of politics. I have never found myself to be in any way related or interested, or let see, a better word.. ‘Bothered’, about Indian politics. Like most of the youth out there, I just hate the Indian Government. Especially since I am a working individual and I know, that the Indian government takes 30% i.e. literally one third of my salary as taxes; and does not give me anything back worth even a dime. I mean, not that I do not know the problems and other shit that the government has to deal with, it’s just that I do not find it to be efficient or properly motivated for that matter.

So coming back to the original track of things, I know many of you must have already seen this letter by a person (specifically not mentioning the details, as the IITians are already highly over hyped), has written as a reply to one of Rahul Gandhi’s statements on TV.

I was planning to put it up as a continuation of this post, but I see that no one actually reads long articles, so I am just gonna leave it at that, and anyone who wishes to read that letter, can leave a comment on this post with your email Id and I shall mail it to you. Don’t worry, you shall not be spammed as this is a real blog, and let’s face it, we all are busy people and have no time for sending out spam.

So just leave a comment and I shall share that letter with you. It’s a good read.

Phir Milenge,
Leisure Writer.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice and nothing wrong if you try to write in a way similar to some other writer. I mean how similar or different it can be. It's learning and improving.

    O yes, Indian politics. I don't ever find myself saying anything positive about it. Sad. There are people (hidden) who must be working for good, that's why we are still a country. Anyways, hope for good.

    And about that letter, you have my email id.

    Good writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have sent you both the essay and the article as i mentioned.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too