Labels

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A New Beginning

Well people, my college life has ended. Time has come for me to enter the corporate world. Another Bio-Medical Engineer is in the market looking for a job. 

When I entered the college, I had chosen to become a Mechanical Engineer. I had planned to join the Merchant Navy, earn a Quick Buck and then take an early retirement to enjoy life king size. Things 'obviously' din't turn out to be as planned. When I went for the counselling of our college, I was shocked to see that only one branch was available in the college, a branch i had never heard of, I din't even know the meaning of Bio-Medical engineering. I was told that if i secured enough marks, i would be given an option to have my branch changed after the first year. Sounded good, I decided to take the seat available and to change into mechanical in the second year as the first year course was same for all branches.

A few months into college I decided to do some research on the branch i was studying in. It only meant sense to know the field. In the course of gathering knowledge about this specific branch, I started to enjoy the subjects that were yet to come. I  liked the prospects of the branch. I was told quite a lot of good things about the branch and its value in the market. It was quite good. All the things were nice to hear. A little while later, I decided that i wanted to continue this branch. And I did. I gave up the thought of becoming a mechanical engineer. And now, four years later i emerge a Bio Medical engineer.

All the things i had heard about the market value were true, the sad part, not in India. All the things i had heard are true outside India. In India however, the things are entirely different. The bio medical jobs which are present here are dominated by electronic engineers and engineers with a diploma in bio medical instrumentation. I feel sad for the fact that being in India, foreign colleges and companies would not take engineers directly from normal institutions, IITs and similar colleges are a different matter, but a college like mine  has no value directly in foreign companies.

Hmmm... Looking for jobs is not an easy task at all, especially with the fact that I hate group discussions. Hate people screaming and yelling without making any sense. And they yell just for the sake of showing that they are participating. Hell I don’t know how am i going to be a part of such a thing. I would rather sit and let everyone scream. But I know that’s not going to get the attention of the interviewers, seems pretty difficult.

Lets see what happens.

Ps.

I know not many people read this blog, but those who do, pray for me.


1 comment:

Comments always welcome as they lead to betterment, but please keep them presentable, as other people read 'em too